Just finished to upgrade my machine to Ubuntu 10.04 64bit, and guess what ? It’s really really stable and fast.
So you might ask “how this guy is evaluating the new Ubuntu installation ?” And here is how I answer that:
Softwares currently running:
- Oracle Database Enterprise Edition 11gR2 (11.2.0) 64bit for Linux
- WebLogic Server 10.3.3.0 with Oracle JRockit(R) (build R28.0.0-679-130297-1.6.0_17-20100312-2121-linux-x86_64, compiled mode)
- WebLogic Server 10.3.2.0 with Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode)
- WebLogic Server 10.3.0 with BEA JRockit(R) (build R27.6.0-50_o-100423-1.6.0_05-20080626-2104-linux-ia32, compiled mode)
- Oracle SQL Developer with Oracle JRockit(R) (build R28.0.0-679-130297-1.6.0_17-20100312-2121-linux-x86_64, compiled mode)
Other softwares running:
- Chromium 5.0.3
- Thunderbird with Lightning 3.0
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3
- A GSM modem connection (not sure if it’s significant, but just to notice)
All running and with 57% of my memory. Click on the images to check the System Monitor.
Everything running smooth, without any slowdowns or crashing… Isn’t that impressive ?